Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fukudome traded to Indians



According to ESPN's Jim Bowden, the Indians have acquired Kosuke Fukudome from the Cubs for prospect outfielder Abner Abreu and right-hander Carlton Smith.

We're still awaiting an official announcement. Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer reports that the Indians will be responsible for just $775,000 of the $4.7 million left on Fukudome's contract for this season. 

Sayonara, bitch. Get the fuck out of my city.

After his game tying 9th inning home run in his debut in the season opener in 2008, it has been all downhill for Kosuke. He has been paid 12 million a year for numbers equal to a 4th or 5th outfielder. I would argue his contract is the worst contract Jim Hendry has given out to a player. And thats saying something.

Kosuke was a great Japanese player and an average MLB player. I would imagine he will go to Cleveland and hit .250 down the stretch. Then he will limp back to Japan, with his tail between his legs, to finish out his career. I'm sure all our Asian readers appreciated the fact that i didn't take any low blows at their race in this post. And I'm equally sure my other readers are pissed that I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment