Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mags to the Cubs?


Chicago is home to me T..
Former South Side slugger Magglio Ordonez is making a move to the North Side? I’m hearing the Detroit Tigers free agent outfielder is possibly making his return to Chicago, but this time it will be with the Chicago Cubs. With the signing of free agent Prince Fielder, Maggs may be the odd man out in Detroit — Magglio had surgery in November on his ankle, and is currently fully back training for baseball activities. Maggs is still a solid player and a great team guy, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him land on his feet shortly. We know the Cubs could use the help too. -TO

This makes zero sense to me as a Cub fan. Mags is like 55 years old. He can't run and can't play defense. Don't get me wrong he'd be the second best hitter in our lineup behind Castro, but I'd rather see Brett Jackson given more at bats then for us to sign Mags. But maybe Theo thinks he can sign Mags for cheap and then trade him mid season for a B level prospect. Either that or Mags has nude pics of Theo. Only two options really.

No comments:

Post a Comment